I’ve been a programmer and IT enthusiast for 30 years (since the zx spectrum) and concentrated on AI (neural nets & genetic algorithms) at University. My principle skills are concentrated on Enterprise and Solution Architecture and managing effective developer teams.
I enjoy the mix between technical and business aspects; how technology enables and how that (hopefully) improves profit/EBITDA & reduces cost-per-transaction, the impact upon staff and how to remediate go-live and handover, and risk identification and mitigation. My guiding principle is “Occams Razor” that simplicity is almost always the best option by reducing complexity, time to build, organisational stress and longer term costs.
Play & Talk Initiative - 20th and 21st June 2020
This weekend we're going to get people talking and playing games. Two things we're passionate about here at Code Wizards.
Here's what we want to do this weekend..
- Find one hour with friends or family on 20th-21st June
- Pick the perfect online game
- Talk safely together in game, on social media or on the phone
- Over 30% of the population and nearly 51% of 16-24 year olds have felt lonely during lockdown (ONS, May 2020)
- The government is running a loneliness campaign as part of National Loneliness week (15th-19th June) to get people talking
- Games are a natural place for people to interact safely during age of social distancing
- Have a chance to make a positive difference to people suffering from loneliness
What can we play?
There's a million awesome games out there - but if you don't know or can't decide then get in touch. I've also put a list below that we think are amazing.
How can i find out more?
To help this campaign our Martin Thomas (our CTO) interviewed George Osborn of UKIE to find out some more detail on Play & Talk.
Feel free to reach out with questions to us too.
Our game recommendations
There's too many to mention but I think there's a few that we think are no-brainers:
- Play a virtual board game against each other (*anybody* can play, and fall in love with, Ticket to Ride!)
- Go retro - head over to Antstream and play a classic .. compete to get the best score and stream your progress to your friends
- Relax into a game of Mini Metro and compete to see who can create the best underground system
- Share some Pokemon in Pokemon Go
- or get your wargaming fix with anything at HexWar
We're Honestly Here to Help!
Get in Touch
Got questions? We're always happy to (at least) try and help. Give us a call, email, tweet, FB post or just shout if you have questions.
Code Wizards worked with us a number of initiatives including enhancing our Giving Voucher proposition and fleshing out our Giving Street concept. They provide a good blend of both business and technology expertise. We are grateful for their contribution to TheGivingMachine allowing us to improve our services and enhance our social impactRichard Morris, Founder and CEO TheGivingMachine
Code Wizards are a pleasure to work with.Richard Corps, Serial Entrepreneur and Augmented Reality Expert
We've challenged their team to integrate our cutting edge AI, AR and VR solutions and always come up trumps.
I love their approach and help on strategy.